Wednesday, August 8, 2012

TOO BUSY!!

Cottage gardening can be very high maintenance if you are trying to achieve the wild yet tamed look.  I have been so very busy with garden management in addition to "life" that I have seriously neglected my blog.  I haven't even taken many pictures, blah!  My baby trees (see earlier blog) require 6-7 hours of watering per week not including weeding and mole management.  (soaker hose is not an option, I would need about 200 of them!)  I am planning and planting my new 8 beds in front of the house, hopefully they will be fully planted this spring.  I go through my beds watering, dead heading, weeding and once I have made it all the way around it is time to start over.  With it being August now the weeds have quieted down and the dead heading is speeding up.  Not complaining,  just making my excuses.  It is at the point now where I figure I will just start over next year with the things that I didn't stay on top of.   Such is the life of a gardener.  Thought I would share a few pics to let you know we are still here.  Hope you enjoy!







2 comments: