Sunday, June 5, 2011

SNOWBALLS IN SPRING!

My snowball bush is quite large this year and heavily laden with beautiful creamy white clusters of hydrangea like blossoms.  They don't offer much of a fragrance but their beauty wins out.  My bush is very large and has a wonderfully wild look to it.  The branches reach up to the sky as well as droop downward, giving it a very romantic and old fashioned appearance.  I trim it yearly but all of the rain we have had caused it to grow excessively.  Unfortunately, after I took this pic one of the branches split down at the base during a downpour the other night.  Happily though it hasn't changed the symmetry of the bush and all is well.  I was sad to see all of those beautiful "snowballs" laying on the ground however.  Enjoy your spring.... it is a season filled with uncertainty as well as promise.


1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite plants and yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete