Tuesday, June 14, 2011

DELICATE WISTERIA

I have so very many favorite flowers that I could never choose just one or even a dozen.  Amongst them is of course the Wisteria.  Some people find if too consuming both in care and in growth habit and would rather not have it in their gardens.  I love it's wild ways and the delicate flowers. It's intoxicating fragrance  floats on the breeze and causes one to glance around wondering where that incredible scent is coming from.  Mine is climbing on our "pavillion" helping to hide the hard edges of the roofline both on the outside and on the inside.  I spend time trimming it twice yearly to keep it in order, it is still young and relatively easy at this point.  The pic is of a single bloom that is tucked inside some branches of my dappled willow.  I love it when the plants intermingle.  I guess that is why I prefer a cottage garden style to any other.

No comments:

Post a Comment