Friday, November 5, 2010

CHARM IS IN THE DETAILS!

Several weeks ago, upon the advice of a friend of a friend, my husband and I visited the very charming gardens at Laurel Hedge in Estacada, Oregon, as she had been told  that I was working towards creating a "destination" garden and thought I would find it inspirational.  It isn't often that I have the chance to visit other gardens and was thrilled with the opportunity to visit this one.  It was once a Christmas Tree farm that over the years has been converted into multiple beds, pathways and charming outbuildings by two very creative individuals.  The gardens include a large pond, several clever fountains, charming outbuildings including a greenhouse made of salvaged windows and a boutique featuring a little of this and that found here and there. Not to mention an adorable outhouse unlike any I have ever seen and many birdhouses that make excellent use of vintage everyday objects.   These are men after my own heart!  We came home with three salvaged windows that will be suspended from our pavillion creating a cozy feeling for our future outdoor kitchen and seating area.  Below are some of the pics of Laurel Hedge.  I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed visiting them.  I will return in the spring to see what's new.  Check out their website at www.laurelhedge.com, and if you are in the area, stop by you won't be disappointed.


1 comment:

  1. I would love to visit these gardens, but since they're on the other side of the country I'll be content with this virtual visit. Charming and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete