Wednesday, October 13, 2010

TICK, TOCK, TICK, TOCK

Time has gotten away from me this season.  Obligations other than gardening have taken precedence.  I have managed to stay on top of things, but my scheduled projects did not take place.  I won't bore my readers with unnecessary details and I am fearful that if I did actually write down what "did not" get done this season I might have a panic attack.  So... best to leave those thoughts swirling around in my head, while I convince myself that there is always next year.  The problem with that however, is that with every passing year I get older!  That thought in itself is enough to make me feel like screaming at time to STOP so my "to do's" can get caught up before my body will no longer keep up with the demands.  Of course, the unfortunate reality for all of us is that time does not stop, not ever.  It literally marches on, and too bad if we can't keep up.  Get going, keep moving.  So, I do.  I keep going, trying my best to keep my multiple goals in focus and accomplish what I can.  Thus, my lame explanation for my lack of updates on my blog.  Funny how gardening blogs are hardest to maintain when we are actually... gardening.

1 comment:

  1. It is easy to understand your lack of time for blogging with all the beds you have to maintain! I certainly can relate to the panicky feeling of time speeding along while I'm slowing down. I've had to scale down my expectations and set fewer goals - then I grieve over not being able to do all of the things I love. It's a balancing act.

    ReplyDelete