Monday, June 14, 2010

A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WOULD SMELL SO SWEET

I thought I would share some pics of a few of my roses.  I adore the Old Garden Roses.  They are very hardy and smell divine.  The pic of the small very pale yellow rose is actually a rambler named Rambling Rector dated 1910,  that is just one year old, and should grow to about 35 feet and hopefully will cover the arbor entirely with these sweet little flowers.  The  rose with the dark magenta flower is a Moss rose, Mme Dubost dating to 1890 (thousands of evil thorns),  the other one that is just beginning to bloom is a Bourbon named Charles Lawson, 1853. This one has at least a thousand blooms on it and is very difficult to keep upright, especially with the heavy rains we have had this year.  

If you could smell their scent through my blog!






1 comment: